Ixia (Nasdaq: XXIA) today made available for shipment the BreakingPoint 20, the world’s highest port density solution, capable of creating massive-scale online behavior from more than 180 applications and 34,000 live security attacks. Providing twenty 10GigE ports and 60 ports per 4U chassis, the BreakingPoint 20 combines the high performance, realism and large port densities needed by the large-scale
development and testing labs
of equipment manufacturers and carriers. The BreakingPoint 20 is the perfect solution for any organization challenged by introducing sophisticated, real-world
application and security testing
to support numerous concurrent users, tests or port pairs.
News highlights: Ixia introduces the BreakingPoint 20
- The BreakingPoint 20 is the world’s first 20-port, 10GigE blade capable of creating stateful application and security traffic on a massive scale.
- The BreakingPoint 20 is used in any BreakingPoint chassis, providing up to 60 ports in a 4U device.
- Using one BreakingPoint 20 blade, users can create true user behavior from more than 180 applications and 34,000 live security attacks and more.
- The BreakingPoint 20 blade is automatically kept current with the latest applications and attacks through the Application and Threat Intelligence (ATI) service.
“It is not simply security devices that are application aware but also the routers and switches critical to IT infrastructure,” said Dennis Cox, Ixia vice president, security and applications. “Understanding how these devices recognize and handle blended application traffic is critical during development. Using only bit-blasting test tools creates a false sense of security and performance. The BreakingPoint 20 is the most cost-effective solution for battle-testing these high-density products using the actual network traffic and user behavior seen in deployment.”
BreakingPoint 20: Battle-test high-density network equipment
The BreakingPoint 20 is the only solution to provide 20 universal 10GigE/1GigE SFP+ interfaces that can create stateful application traffic from more than 180 real-world apps and 34,000 live security attacks — including malware, mobile malware and DDoS. The new BreakingPoint 20 allows organizations to:
- Reduce time-to-test to minimize costs and accelerate development of next-generation network, security and data center devices.
- Cost-effectively perform complex, real-world simulations in order to evaluate, test and optimize application-aware devices.
- Train and certify IT personnel to predict and prevent cyber attacks.
Ixia provides the industry's most comprehensive converged IP network validation and network visibility solutions. Equipment manufacturers, service providers, enterprises and government agencies use Ixia's solutions to design, verify and monitor a broad range of wired, Wi-Fi and 3G/LTE equipment and networks. Ixia's test solutions emulate realistic media-rich traffic and network conditions so that customers can optimize and validate the design, performance and security of their pre-deployment networks. Ixia's intelligent network visibility platforms provide clarity into physical and virtual production networks for improved performance, security, resiliency and application delivery of cloud, data center and service provider networks. For more information, visit