MAUMEE, Ohio, Aug. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Andersons, Inc. (Nasdaq: ANDE) announces its newly constructed 3.8 million bushel elevator in Custer County will be open for the 2012 harvest.
"Opening the largest elevator in Custer County, with both train and truck loading capabilities, puts us in a great position to serve the local agricultural community," says CEO Mike Anderson. "While we realize this year's crop is challenged due to the drought, we believe the accessibility we provide to a variety of outlets, as well as our many services will provide added value to area farmers during this year and well into the future."
This is the first elevator The Andersons has constructed in Nebraska and is located on the Burlington Northern Sante Fe Railway.Dawn Betancourt, Vice President for the Grain Group's Western Region, adds: "We have been fortunate to develop good working relationships with community leaders and residents in this area. We look forward to a future that strengthens both this progressive agricultural community as well as our company's position in Nebraska." With the addition of this elevator located near the communities of Anselmo and Broken Bow, The Andersons Grain Group now has capacity of nearly 113 million bushels throughout Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio and Nebraska. About The Andersons, Inc. The Andersons, Inc. is a diversified company rooted in agriculture. Founded in Maumee, Ohio, in 1947, the company conducts business across North America in the grain, ethanol, and plant nutrient sectors, railcar leasing, turf and cob products, and consumer retailing. For more information, visit The Andersons online at www.andersonsinc.com. SOURCE The Andersons, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV