Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE: BBY) and founder Richard Schulze today announced that they have reached an agreement under which Mr. Schulze will be granted access to certain due diligence information and permission to form an investment group with private equity sponsors in furtherance of making a fully financed proposal to acquire the Company.
Best Buy stated that the agreement establishes a non-exclusive, orderly process which satisfies the requests made by Mr. Schulze, while at the same time protecting the interests of all shareholders.
Mr. Schulze stated that he was pleased that an agreement was reached which will allow him to conduct the due diligence he had sought.
The agreement, which will be filed with the SEC as part of Mr. Schulze’s updated 13-D filing, provides the following:
- Immediate due diligence access to non-public Company information for Mr. Schulze, his advisors, potential private equity partners and debt financing sources;
- An opportunity to bring forward a fully financed definitive proposal within 60 days after the due diligence period begins, which period may be extended in certain circumstances; and
- A waiver of Minnesota law in order to allow Mr. Schulze to work with his private equity partners to develop a definitive proposal to be presented to the Board of Directors of Best Buy.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts