Magellan Health Services Inc. (NASDAQ: MGLN) announced today that ICORE Healthcare, a division of Magellan Pharmacy Solutions, will host its 9 th Annual Oncology Summit on September 13 and 14 in New York City. Every year, the conference brings together the leading authorities on oncology care, benefits management, pharmaceuticals, and research to discuss the latest developments and strategies for managing oncology care.
Due to the popularity of past summits, this year’s conference has been expanded into a second day of presentations, which will focus on additional areas within specialty pharmacy.
Key topics for discussion include:
- Trends and issues impacting oncology payers
- Health care reform
- Oncology drug development, pricing and management
- Comparative effectiveness
- Genetic testing
- Regulatory issues and legislation
- Specialty pharmacy case studies in multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis
“Oncology management and specialty pharmaceuticals are some of the most rapidly advancing areas in health care, and it’s critical that we understand how these developments impact patients, providers, payers, pharmaceutical companies and the industry at-large,” said Kjel Johnson, Pharm. D., senior vice president of business development at ICORE. “For nine years, this summit has been and continues to be a forum to discuss our biggest challenges and the most important issues in oncology care with leaders representing nearly every facet of the industry.”Attending the Summit The Oncology Summit is open to representatives from health plans, oncology practices, specialty pharmacies and pharmaceutical manufacturers. Those interested in attending can find registration information at www.ICOREHealthcare.com/Summit.aspx. Media inquiries should be directed to Chris Pearsall at CMPearsall@MagellanHealth.com. About Magellan Health Services Headquartered in Avon, Conn., Magellan Health Services Inc. is a leading specialty health care management organization with expertise in managing behavioral health, radiology and specialty pharmaceuticals, as well as public sector pharmacy benefits programs. Magellan delivers innovative solutions to improve quality outcomes and optimize the cost of care for those we serve. As of June 30, 2012, Magellan’s customers include health plans, employers and government agencies, serving approximately 33.7 million members in our behavioral health business, 17.1 million members in our radiology benefits management segment, and 7 million members in our medical pharmacy management product. In addition, the specialty pharmaceutical segment served 40 health plans and several pharmaceutical manufacturers and state Medicaid programs. The company’s Medicaid Administration segment served 24 states and the District of Columbia. For more information, visit www.MagellanHealth.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV