Limited Brands (LTD) ($48.83) traded to an all time high at $51.84 on May 3. My semiannual value level is $40.46 with a monthly pivot at $48.43 and a quarterly risky level at $53.65.
Sherwin Williams ($142.63) traded to an all-time high at $142.63 on Friday. My semiannual value level is $124.28, my weekly pivot is at $141.70 and my monthly risky level is at $146.41.
TJX Companies (TJX) $45.87) traded to an all-time high at $46.17 on Aug. 22. My quarterly value level is at $41.64, my annual pivot is at $45.75, and my monthly and annual risky levels are at $48.83 and $52.67, respectively.
Wal-Mart Stores ($72.11) traded to an all-time high at $75.24 on July 30. My quarterly value level is $68.58, my monthly pivot is at $71.04 and my weekly risky level is at $76.37.Back on June 26 I included "buy and trade" strategies for FDO and TJX in an article titled Retail Bubble Stocks Are Vulnerable. Note that FDO could have been sold at my second-quarter risky level at $67.95 before the end of June, and that TJX could have been sold last week at my annual pivot at $45.75. At the time of publication, Suttmeier held no positions in stocks mentioned. This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV