COSTA MESA, Calif., Aug. 27, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Pacific Mercantile Bancorp (Nasdaq:PMBC) (the "Company"), parent holding company of Pacific Mercantile Bank (the "Bank"), today announced that Raymond E. Dellerba will assume a new role with the Bank as its Vice Chairman. The move will enable him to focus, as President and CEO of the Company, on the development and implementation of strategic plans to move the Company and the Bank forward to a successful long-term future. On Friday, the Board of Directors of the Bank approved Mr. Dellerba's decision and formed a special committee to identify and hire a new President for the Bank.
To ensure continuity of the management of its day-to-day operations during the search process, the Bank will form an Office of the President, which will be comprised of its senior officers and will report directly to the Board of Directors of the Bank. The Office of President will be headed by newly nominated director Howard Gould, who has performed similar roles at other Southern California banking institutions. In 2005, Mr. Gould joined Carpenter & Company after a nearly 35-year career as a senior banker, consultant and regulator, including as Vice Chairman and Chief Operating Officer of one of California's largest regional banks and two appointments as California's chief banking regulator.
"After focusing much of my time on day-to-day operations of the Bank since 1999, I look forward to this opportunity to devote more of my time, as President and CEO of the Company, to the steps ahead that will enable us to offer more services to our banking customers, grow the value of our banking franchise and enhance long-term shareholder value," said Dellerba. "I'm proud of what our team at Pacific Mercantile has built and I am confident that, working together, we will succeed in accomplishing these objectives."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV