Microchip Technology Inc. (NASDAQ: MCHP), a leading provider of microcontroller, analog and Flash-IP solutions, today introduced the volatile MCP47A1 Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC). This low-power, low-cost DAC features a 1.8-5.5V wide operating voltage range, and is offered in a 6-pin SC70 package. The MCP47A1 is ideal for applications in the automotive , audio and industrial markets, such as portable, handheld battery-operated products, and applications such as set-point or offset trimming and sensitive mechanical-trim pot replacement.
The extended temperature range of -40 to +125 degrees Celsius allows for use in high-temperature automotive and industrial applications. Additionally, the small SC70 packaging allows for more portable and space-constrained consumer applications. The MCP47A1 DAC also provides 65 taps, through an I 2C™ interface, including taps to both full-scale and zero-scale, providing additional functionality. Low power consumption extends lifetimes in applications with finite power supplies, and the low cost is suitable for cost-sensitive applications.
“The MCP47A1 is optimized for system power reduction and cost reduction,” said Bryan J. Liddiard, vice president of marketing with Microchip’s Analog & Interface Products Division. “Because of its extended temperature range, this new DAC can also be used in high-temperature automotive and industrial applications.”
Packaging, Pricing & AvailabilityThe MCP47A1 DAC is available today for sampling and volume production, at $0.42 each in 5,000-unit quantities. It is offered in a 6-pin SC70 package. For further information, contact any Microchip sales representative or authorized worldwide distributor, or visit Microchip’s Web site at http://www.microchip.com/get/Q2UL. To purchase products mentioned in this press release, go to microchipDIRECT or contact one of Microchip’s authorized distribution partners. Resources High-res Photo & Block Diagram Available Through Flickr or Editorial Contact (feel free to publish):
- RSS Feed for Microchip Product News: http://www.microchip.com/get/G73E
- Twitter: http://www.microchip.com/get/EJ08
- Facebook: http://www.microchip.com/get/Q18M
- YouTube: http://www.microchip.com/get/BWSH
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV