Sonus Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in SIP communications, today announced the successful completion of its acquisition of Network Equipment Technologies, Inc. (NET). Together with NET, Sonus’ position as an enabler of Cloud-based Unified Communication is greatly enhanced. The acquisition of NET expands the portfolio of Session Border Controller (SBC) solutions for enterprise customers and brings proven engineering resources, broader channel capability and a broad U.S. Federal Government installed base to leverage into SIP-enabled platforms.
The combined portfolio of Sonus and NET offers enterprise customers an end-to-end SBC platform for real-time, SIP-enabled UC applications. The entire Sonus SBC portfolio has been Microsoft ® Lync™ certified so companies can deploy Unified Communications solutions from the core to the edge of their network with confidence.
Integration plans for customer-facing operations and support processes will begin immediately and former NET channel partners will be designated as a Sonus Partner Assure™ Authorized Reseller with the ability to qualify as a Sonus Partner Assure Channel Partner. Sonus Partner Assure Channel Partner designates have access to the broadest portfolio of Sonus solutions and resources.
Quote:“The completion of the acquisition of NET represents an important milestone for Sonus as it enables us to serve the enterprise market with a comprehensive portfolio of SBC solutions,” said Ray Dolan, president and CEO of Sonus Networks. “The addition of NET also brings Sonus a very talented workforce across engineering, sales and services who can accelerate our ability to lead the market transition to Cloud-based Unified Communications.” Other Facts:
- On Tuesday, June 19 th, 2012 Sonus announced a definitive agreement to acquire NET.
- On Wednesday, September 5 th, 2012 the combined Sonus-NET product roadmap will be presented via video broadcast. Visit sonus.net for more details.
- Approximately 150 NET employees will join Sonus across three continents.
- NET’s next-generation platforms for enterprises, including its flagship Unified Exchange (UX) product line, are complementary to the Sonus SBC 5200 and Sonus SBC 5100.
- The Sonus SBC 5200 is designed for high-capacity environments demanded by tier one service providers and Fortune 500 companies and supports 64,000 sessions on a single server (more than twice the capacity of a similar product from the leading SBC competitor). The Sonus SBC 5100 targets the 250 to 10,000 session market; ideal for medium to large enterprises and tier two/three service providers
- Sonus is the fastest-growing SBC vendor in the service provider market for 2011 according to research firm Infonetics (“Service Provider VoIP Equipment and Subscribers,” 4Q11 report); growing almost 4x faster than the market average.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV