Salem Communications Corporation Stock Downgraded (SALM)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 262.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $1.10 million to -$1.79 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, SALEM COMMUNICATIONS CORP underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for SALEM COMMUNICATIONS CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 31.20%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -3.10% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $2.42 million or 59.49% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- SALEM COMMUNICATIONS CORP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SALEM COMMUNICATIONS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.25 versus $0.08 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 18.0% in earnings ($0.21 versus $0.25).
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.