CSS Industries Inc. Stock Downgraded (CSS)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 28.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- CSS has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, CSS has a quick ratio of 2.12, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$24.03 million or 44.76% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 44.76%, CSS INDUSTRIES INC is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 187.74%.
- The gross profit margin for CSS INDUSTRIES INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 31.40%. Regardless of CSS's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -1.50% trails the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Household Durables industry and the overall market, CSS INDUSTRIES INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts