Coeur d’Alene Mines Corporation (“Coeur”) (NYSE: CDE) (TSX: CDM) reported that a fatality took place late Sunday morning at the Company’s Palmarejo silver and gold mine in Mexico.
The incident occurred outside the underground mine in the vicinity of the south portal and involved an employee who fell while performing maintenance work on a piece of surface equipment. The appropriate authorities have been notified and the incident is under investigation by the Company and the local police. Work in the underground portion of the mine has been suspended pending completion of the investigation. The open pit mine and milling facilities remain in operation.
The Palmarejo Mine is located 420 kilometers by road southwest of the state capital city of Chihuahua and 15 kilometers northwest of the town of Témoris. Palmarejo employs over 900 people while contractor employment totals about 150.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV