In compliance with regulations, San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station (SONGS) declared a Notice of Unusual Event at 12:39 p.m. after an earthquake was detected by the station’s monitoring system. The station subsequently received reports of earthquakes near the Mexico border.
The plant has been off-line since earlier this year, and there is no safety risk for the public or SONGS employees.
This declaration follows the protocols set by of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission which also includes notification of state and community partners. All notifications have been made.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV