Branham Law, LLP Announces That A Lawsuit Has Been Filed Against GMX Resources, Inc. For Violations Of Securities Laws
Branham Law, LLP announces that a lawsuit has been filed by shareholders of GMX Resources (NYSE:GMXR) on behalf of purchasers of GMX offerings of July 17, 2008, May 13, 2009 and October 22, 2009. The suit alleges that GMX violated Federal Securities Laws.
If you purchased shares in any of these three offerings or have relevant information regarding this suit, you are urged to contact attorney Trey Branham at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free at (855) 722-5910.
Our investigation and the lawsuit seeks to address concerns about whether certain current and/or former members of GMX Resources’ board of directors and certain executive officers were responsible for the alleged Securities Laws violations in the connection with the lawsuit filed by investors who purchased GMXR shares only pursuant or traceable to the company’s stock offerings on July 17, 2008, May 13, 2009 and October 22, 2009.
From the terms of the lawsuit, it is alleged GMX Resources Inc violated the securities laws by issuing false financial statements to investors in the stock offerings on July 17, 2008, May 13, 2009 and October 22, 2009.Moreover, on March 11, 2010, GMX disclosed that its 2008 and quarterly 2009 financials were being restated due to inaccuracies. GMX went on to state that investors could no longer rely on its financial statements. According to the restated financials, the company’s net loss for fiscal year 2008 was $124.6 million. Originally the company had only reported a loss of $81.7 million. Since January 2010, shares of GMX Resources Inc. have plummeted from $14.41 to recently $0.86 per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV