NetApp (NTAP) is a provider of storage and data management solutions. NetApp has a portfolio of application, virtualization, cloud, and service provider solutions. This stock is trading up 3.3% at $34.53 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 5.9 millionAverage Volume: 8.1 million Volume % Change: 50% >>5 Huge Stocks That Could Slingshot Higher From a technical perspective, NTAP is moving to the upside here with decent volume. This move is quickly pushing NTAP within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will trigger once NTAP clears some near-term overhead resistance levels at $34.19 and its 200-day moving average of $36.48 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once NTAP sustains a move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 8,100,030 shares. At last check, NTAP has hit an intraday high of $34.54 and volume is about 2 million below its three-month average action of 8.1 million shares. Keep in mind you can buy NTAP off weakness and anticipate that breakout, as long as some near-term support at $32.93 to $32.50 holds. If that breakout triggers soon, then NTAP will have a great chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its next major overhead resistance levels at $38 to $41.05. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV