LINCOLN, Neb., Aug. 24, 2012 After serving the Lincoln community for nearly two decades on 27 th Street, Sam's Club today announced the opening of a new Sam's Club in south Lincoln on Wednesday, Aug. 29, following an 8 a.m. ceremony. The new club, located at 8480 Andermatt Drive at the intersection of 84 th and Highway 2, is easily accessible to south Lincoln residents and surrounding communities along Highway 2.
"Our Sam's Club associates have listened to members' requests to open a second location and we're proud to bring Sam's Club values to the south Lincoln community and beyond," said new Club Manager and Lincoln native Jon Rowe. "For years, our Sam's Club Members have traveled from Lincoln and the entire region to shop with us. Now, when members drive from Nebraska City for day trips or to visit the many colleges and medical centers in the city, Sam's Club will be a convenient retail destination for our Members traveling on the south side."
Club to Employ 175 AssociatesThe new Lincoln Sam's Club brings new jobs with career opportunities to Lincoln and surrounding communities, employing approximately 175 associates. "A lot of work has gone into this project, and every single one of our associates has helped contribute to its completion," Rowe said. "This club is for Lincoln, and I appreciate all of our associates for their commitment to seeing this new south location come to fruition." Club Manager Jon Rowe started his career with Sam's Club in Grand Island in 1998, as an evening closer and overnight merchandiser. As an avid Husker fan and former UNL student, Rowe brings experience and enthusiasm to his new position as Club manager in Lincoln. Layout, Bright Atmosphere, Expansive Selections Await Members The new Sam's Club features a shopper-friendly interior layout and measures approximately 136,000 square feet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV