Knight Capital Group
A stock in the investment services complex that's trending within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade is Knight Capital Group (KCG), a global financial services firm that provides access to the capital markets across multiple asset classes to a network of clients, including buy- and sell-side firms and corporations. This stock has been hammered by the bears so far in 2012, with shares down by over 75%.
If you look at the chart for Knight Capital Group, you'll notice that this stock plunged and gapped down huge earlier this month from around $10.50 to its recent low of $2.27 a share with massive volume. That crash has pushed KCG into extremely oversold territory, since its current relative strength index reading is now 20.88. Following that crash, shares of KCG have now started to uptrend a bit with the stock making lower highs from $2.27 to $2.75 a share. If that pattern can hold, then KCG has a chance of triggering a near-term breakout trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV