Altria Group, Inc. (Altria) (NYSE: MO) today announced that its Board of Directors voted to increase Altria’s regular quarterly dividend by 7.3% to $0.44 per common share versus the previous rate of $0.41 per common share. The quarterly dividend is payable on October 10, 2012 to shareholders of record as of September 14, 2012. The ex-dividend date is September 12, 2012.
The new annualized dividend rate is $1.76 per common share, representing a yield of 5.3% based on Altria’s closing stock price of $33.45 on August 23, 2012.
Today’s dividend increase reflects Altria’s intention to return a large
amount of cash to shareholders in the form of dividends and is
consistent with Altria’s dividend payout ratio target of approximately
80% of its adjusted diluted earnings per share. Altria has increased its
dividend 46 times in the last 43 years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV