Zillow is experiencing some insider selling, which normally isn't a good sign but the stock's been public for a year so it's not a shock that some folks are looking to cash in a bit.
Zillow was also on an upswing right before it went public, whereas Trulia's losses are increasing. The IPO market is suffering from Web fatigue after Facebook, so investors are probably better off with Zillow's proven track record. The best strategy with Trulia may be to wait until the company is profitable.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV