Family Dollar Stores, Inc. (NYSE: FDO) today announced that it has named Holly Shaskey-Platek to the position of Senior Vice President – Merchandising. Ms. Shaskey-Platek will lead the home, apparel and seasonal divisions and report to Paul White, Executive Vice President – Chief Merchandising Officer.
“Capitalizing on a greater share of customers’ discretional needs is critical to our ability to increase the sales productivity of our stores and to grow our market share,” said Mr. White. “Under Holly’s leadership, we will continue to focus on assortment, merchandise presentation and promotion, supplier relationships, and business capabilities.”
Prior to joining Family Dollar in 2008 as a consultant to provide company-wide change management leadership, Holly spent a total of 25 years with Target Corporation and ShopNBC where she led men’s apparel and private brand development teams and implemented an assortment-planning tool to support expanded clustering capability.
About Family DollarBeginning with one store in Charlotte, North Carolina, in 1959, the Company currently operates more than 7,400 stores in 45 states. Family Dollar Stores, Inc., a Fortune 300 company, is based in Matthews, North Carolina, just outside of Charlotte and is a publicly held company with common stock traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol FDO. For more information, please visit www.familydollar.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV