SPOT Satellite Messenger Products Surpass 2000th Rescue
A few SPOT Rescue Highlights (2007-2012):
- A Boy Scout troop leader was seriously injured by a falling horse in Mount Hood National Forest and airlifted to safety by the National Guard.
- A backcountry skier in Norway was located and rescued after being trapped at high elevation during a severe winter storm.
- An Arkansas photographer was rescued from a steep ravine after falling 30 feet in the Ozark National Forest.
The SPOT family of products includes the SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger™ and SPOT Connect™. Both products provide the user with the ability to send custom messages by email or sms text, and can even set their messages to update facebook and twitter. SPOT Messenger retails for $99.99, plus service plan. SPOT Connect, which pairs with your smartphone, retails for $149.99, plus service plan. SPOT and SPOT Connect are available at Cabela's, REI, Bass Pro Shops, West Marine, Best Buy, Dick's Sporting Goods and other leading outdoor retailers. For more information, visit FindMeSPOT.com
About SPOT LLC
SPOT LLC, a subsidiary of Globalstar, Inc. (Nasdaq:GSAT), provides satellite messaging technology that allows users to communicate from remote locations around the globe. The SPOT product family uses Globalstar's GPS satellite network to determine a customer's location and to transmit messages and GPS coordinates to others, including emergency notifications to an international rescue coordination center. Thanks to these affordable, rugged, pocket-sized personal safety devices, SPOT products provide peace of mind by allowing customers to notify friends and family of their location and status, and to send for emergency assistance in time of need, completely independent of cellular phone coverage or radio frequency range. To date, SPOT devices have initiated more than 2,000 rescues around the world. For more information on how SPOT is helping others stay connected – from disaster preparedness to outdoor adventure – visit www.FindMeSPOT.com .The SPOT Adventures Logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=6660 Note that all SPOT products described in this press release are the products of SPOT LLC, which is not affiliated in any manner with Spot Image of Toulouse, France or Spot Image Corporation of Chantilly, Virginia. SPOT Connect is a trademark of SPOT LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Ellie Rand (504) 343-6551 email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV