Solar Capital Ltd. (NASDAQ: SLRC) (the “Company”) today entered into an agreement to sell 2,000,000 shares of the Company’s common stock at $22.51 per share in a direct registered offering to an institutional investor. The gross proceeds of the offering were approximately $45 million.
This press release does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy the securities in this offering or any other securities nor will there be any sale of these securities or any other securities referred to in this press release in any state or jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to the registration or qualification under the securities laws of such state or jurisdiction.
The shares will be issued from the Company’s shelf registration statement relating to these securities on file with and declared effective by the Securities and Exchange Commission. The offering may be made only by means of a prospectus and a related prospectus supplement, copies of which may be obtained from the Company at 500 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10022, (212) 993-1670 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Investors are advised to carefully consider the investment objectives, risks and charges and expenses of the Company before investing. The prospectus supplement dated August 23, 2012 and accompanying prospectus dated July 10, 2012, each of which have been filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, contain a description of these matters and other important information about the Company and should be read carefully before investing.
ABOUT SOLAR CAPITAL LTD.Solar Capital Ltd. is a closed-end investment company that has elected to be treated as a business development company under the Investment Company Act of 1940. The Company invests primarily in leveraged, middle market companies in the form of senior secured loans, mezzanine loans, and equity securities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV