YOKNEAM, Israel, Aug. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Syneron Medical Ltd. (NASDAQ: ELOS), the leading global aesthetic device company, announced today that Asaf Alperovitz has resigned from the position of Chief Financial Officer to pursue a new career opportunity. Syneron's Board of Directors has appointed David Schlachet as interim Chief Financial Officer, effective as of August 24, 2012, and has initiated an executive search process to find a permanent replacement.
Mr. Schlachet is a current member of Syneron's Board of Directors and previously served as Syneron's Chief Financial Officer from 2004 to 2005 and as the Company's Chief Executive Officer from 2005 to 2007. He retired from the position of Chief Executive Officer in 2007 and concurrently joined the Company's Board of Directors. During his tenure as interim Chief Financial Officer, Mr. Schlachet will suspend his membership in Syneron's audit committee.
Louis P. Scafuri, Chief Executive Officer of Syneron, said, "Given his prior executive leadership positions and current Board position with Syneron, David is well prepared to manage the day-to-day activities of the finance team as we conduct the recruitment search for a new CFO. We have a strong finance team in place and I am confident that they will continue to perform under David's leadership."Mr. Scafuri added, "We recently reported our second quarter results, which demonstrated our ability to drive revenue growth and an improving profitability profile. We remain on track to meet our key milestones for the remainder of the year, including the current North American launch of the elos Plus next generation multi-platform system, the expected launch of exciting new body contouring products, and additional regulatory approvals in key Asian countries for the elure Advanced Skin Brightening system."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV