Cadence Pharmaceuticals (CADX) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on acquiring, in-licensing, developing and commercializing products principally for use in the hospital setting. This stock is trading up 6.5% at $4.25 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $4.13-$4.4552-Week Range: $2.56-$7.78 Volume: 347,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 375,028 From a technical perspective, CADX is gapping up strong here with decent volume. This move has briefly pushed CADX into breakout territory, since the stock has tested some near-term overhead resistance levels at $4.25 to $4.42. At last check, CADX has hit an intraday high of $4.46 on volume of around 350,000 shares, but it has subsequently pulled back to around $4.20. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in CADX as long as it's trending above its 50-day at $3.86, and then once it clears those resistance levels with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 375,028 shares. If we get that breakout soon, then look for CADX to re-test and possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels $4.87 to $5.11.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV