StemCells (STEM) is engaged in the research, development and commercialization of stem cell therapeutics and related enabling technologies for academia and industry. This stock is trading up 16.4% at $1.70 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $1.52-$1.7552-Week Range: $0.59-$2.65 Volume: 2.1 million Three-Month Average Volume: 1.6 million Shares of STEM are skyrocketing today after Maxim Group initiated coverage on the stock with a buy rating and a $2.50 price target. >>22 Biopharma Stocks With Breakout Potential From a technical perspective, STEM is bouncing strong here right off some major support at $1.40 with heavy volume. This move is quickly pushing STEM within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once STEM takes out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $1.87 to $1.96 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once STEM sustains a move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 1,573,790 shares. If we get that move soon, then look for STEM to re-test and possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $2.31 to $2.65. Keep in mind that this stock can be bought off weakness as long as $1.50 to $1.40 holds.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV