Nearest Resistance: $8.25
Nearest Support: $7.75Catalyst: Asset Sale Plan Shares of cement manufacturer Cemex (CX) got pushed higher yesterday following news that the firm would be selling a minority stake in the firms Latin American assets outside of Mexico. Even though shares are giving back a bit today, they're still seeing considerable trading volume. Cemex has been in a strong uptrend since the start of the summer, climbing more than 50% since the start of June. News of the asset sale pushed the stock to new 52-week highs, only to settle shares just below resistance at $8.25. With resistance nearby and support further down, it makes sense to wait for $8.25 to get successfully taken out before entering a position in this stock. That could happen sooner than later. To see these stocks in action, check out the at Most-Active Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV