Advanced Micro Devices
Nearest Resistance: $4
Nearest Support: N/ACatalyst: H-P Sympathy Trade Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is seeing a similar fate today, shoved lower by the HP earnings release and a big technical break in shares. AMD had been looking promising for the last few weeks, forming the early stages of a tower bottom -- a bullish reversal pattern that shareholders were desperate for. But the pattern never triggered. Instead, AMD fell through $4 support for the last two straight weeks, making a new 52-week low today. To be sure, the chip business isn't in the some straits as the PC-making business. That said, until AMD can catch a bid, I'd recommend staying away from this stock. To see these stocks in action, check out the at Most-Active Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV