Nearest Resistance: $12.50
Nearest Support: N/ACatalyst: H-P Sympathy Trade Computer maker Dell (DELL) is seeing heavy trading today, becoming a sympathy trade after HP's results proved underwhelming. Stocks of a feather flock together, so it's no big surprise that the headwinds in the computer industry are pushing Dell town alongside its rival. Computers have become commoditized in recent years, as price matters more than brand (Apple (AAPL) has been the sole exception). That's left PC makers all competing for lucrative enterprise dollars, a business that wasn't exactly without competition to begin with. >>5 Huge Stocks That Could Slingshot Higher Dell's 2.6% drop today isn't as bad as H-P's, but it's infinitely worse. The move sends shares down below the $11.50 level, a price that's acted as a sort of floor for shares for the last few weeks. That made DELL free to test new 52-week lows in today's session. If I owned Dell, I'd be selling.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV