SARASOTA, Fla., Aug. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Roper Industries, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) today announced that it has completed its previously announced acquisition of Sunquest Information Systems for approximately $1.415 billion, including $25 million in cash tax benefits. The company funded the acquisition from available cash and borrowings under its credit facility. Sunquest provides a comprehensive suite of laboratory software solutions used by more than 1,700 hospitals worldwide.
About Roper Industries
Roper Industries is a diversified growth company and is a constituent of the S&P 500, Fortune 1000, and the Russell 1000 indices. Roper provides engineered products and solutions for global niche markets, including water, energy, transportation, medical, education, and SaaS-based information networks. Additional information about Roper is available on the company's website at www.roperind.com .
About Sunquest Information SystemsSunquest Information Systems, Inc. provides diagnostic and laboratory information systems to health care providers worldwide. For over thirty years, Sunquest has delivered interoperable solutions that optimize business resources and improve the quality of patient care. The company's pathology focused mission, outreach awareness and point of care products establish Sunquest as a leader in the health care technology industry. Headquartered in Tucson, AZ, Sunquest also has offices in Norwich, United Kingdom and Bangalore, India. SOURCE Roper Industries, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV