MENLO PARK, Calif., Aug. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Improving business and competitive intelligence capabilities and shared services governance rank among the top priorities for today's finance executives and staff, according to the results of the 2012 Finance Priorities Survey ( www.protiviti.com/FinanceSurvey) conducted by Protiviti, a global consulting firm. The research identifies priorities, capabilities and key areas of focus for today's finance professionals.
In the financial analysis category of the study, competitive intelligence (e.g., competitors, suppliers, regulatory environment, geopolitical climate, etc.) ranked as the top area of focus, with business intelligence (operations reporting) and executive dashboards tied for the second spot. These three results indicate that finance professionals are being asked to take the lead in strengthening overall intelligence capabilities to equip executive teams with a more holistic and actionable blend of internal and external insights.
"A robust competitive intelligence capability enables companies to scrutinize the external landscape continually for information that decision-makers need to identify new growth opportunities and minimize and/or avoid strategic risks," said James Pajakowski, executive vice president of global risk solutions for Protiviti.Other areas of focus in the financial transactions category of the study are:
- Corporate chargeback allocation methodologies
- Overall shared services governance
- Performance management/operating metrics
- Strengthening financial risk management is a top concern amid ongoing macroeconomic uncertainty
- While finance executives and staff are focusing more on strategic activities, complex transactional issues also rate as top priorities, placing increased pressure on finance functions to make traditional, transaction-heavy processes as efficient as possible, thus freeing up more time for financial analysis and business decision-support activities
- International/transfer pricing regulations is a top priority area for finance departments in large companies (those with $1 billion+ in revenue) after not ranking this high in the 2011 study
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV