The third graph of the release has been replaced.
The corrected release reads:
COGENT HMG EXPANDS PARTNERSHIP WITH ATHENAHEALTH TO ACCELERATE GROWTH IN NATIONAL HOSPITALIST AND INTENSIVIST SECTOR
athenahealth cloud-based services simplify practice management, medical billing and reimbursement to enable practices to focus on patient care and business performance goalsathenahealth, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATHN), a leading provider of cloud-based practice management, electronic health record ( EHR) and care coordination services, and Cogent HMG, a leader in hospital medicine and critical care, today announced an expanded partnership in which Cogent HMG will extend its use of athenahealth’s revenue cycle management service, athenaCollector®. This extended service will support Cogent HMG’s national growth and care quality goals by enabling its more than 1,000 hospitalists and intensivists across more than 100 hospitals to execute on care delivery while practice management is optimized. The extended athenaCollector services will provide Cogent HMG with additional workforce and revenue cycle management workflow capabilities that were co-designed by athenahealth and Cogent HMG to streamline and maximize revenue collection. Backed by a unique combination of cloud-based services, technology and industry expertise, these services will introduce scale and efficiency across Cogent HMG’s administrative teams. "As Cogent HMG continues to grow its national healthcare footprint, it is increasingly important for us to focus on core competencies," said John J. Donahue, President and CEO of Cogent HMG. "athenahealth facilitates seamless practice management across disparate care settings and has been able to increase the amount of revenue we collect and decrease the time it takes for a claim to be paid. Our vision is to leverage efficient processes and innovative technology as a means to keep physicians focused on delivering high quality care to patients while simultaneously improving physician satisfaction." With athenaCollector, Cogent HMG has gained real-time insight into a broad range of business activities, including claim status, patient eligibility and payer monitoring. In addition, Cogent HMG has benefited from a proprietary rules database that not only monitors medical billing and practice management activity in real-time, but also flags mistakes and fixes them based on best practices and knowledge that is constantly advanced through input from all athenahealth customers. New areas of focus for athenaCollector services across the Cogent HMG network include:
- Claim Resolution – Claim management throughout claim creation, submission and reimbursement.
- Credentialing – Streamlined provider enrollment in payer processing systems.
- Contract Management – Assurance that provider services delivered and reimbursements received are in alignment.
- Patient Engagement for Self-Pay – Support to ensure patient responsibility of payment is known and accounted for.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV