Another under-$10 name in the biotechnology and drugs complex that's trading within range of triggering a major breakout trade is Acadia Pharmaceuticals (ACAD), which is focused on small molecule drugs that address unmet medical needs in neurological and related central nervous system disorders. This stock is off to a monster start in 2012, with shares up over 60% so far.
This company has a catalyst on the horizon for its drug Pimavanserin, which is a treatment for patients suffering psychosis due to Parkinson's disease. Top-line results for this phase III study are expected to be released in the third quarter of 2012. As of early August, the trail is 95% enrolled, and management recently said it expects to offer data in late November to early December of this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV