An under-$10 stock in the biotechnology and drugs complex that looks ready to soar higher is Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA), which is focused on discovering, developing and commercializing oral drugs that target G protein-coupled receptors, in four therapeutic areas: cardiovascular, central nervous system, inflammatory and metabolic diseases. This stock has been on fire so far in 2012, with shares up over 357%.
If you take a look at the chart for Arena Pharmaceuticals, you'll notice that this stock sold off sharply from its June high of $13.50 a share to its recent low of $6.95 a share. During that downtrend, shares of ARNA were mostly making lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, during the last month shares of ARNA have stabilized and found buying interest near $7 a share. The stock has also started to make higher lows, and it's now setting up to triggering a near-term breakout trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV