Coincidentally, one of Warren Buffett's favorite stocks is looking strong from a technical standpoint too this week. Coca Cola (KO) has been in a long-term uptrend since the end of 2011, rallying close to 18% since the end of November. That's some big performance for a staid $175 billion name like Coke.
The uptrend in Coke is significant because it has taken place within a clearly defined trend channel. That channel gives traders high probability expectations for the moves that Coke makes -- and it's providing us with a trade right now. In a trend channel, the ideal time to buy is when shares bounce off of trendline support -- almost exactly where Coke's sitting right now. The fact that KO has bounced higher off of support the last seven times it fell to that level bodes well for bounce number eight.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV