M&T Bank (MTB) is one of the more attractive big regional banking names in the country, and it shows; from a technical standpoint this bank stock looks primed to make a move higher. Right now, M&T is forming an ascending triangle setup, a price pattern that says "buy" on a move above $88.
In short, an ascending triangle is formed by a horizontal resistance level (in MTB's case at $88) and uptrending support. As shares bounce in between those two technical levels, they're getting squeezed closer and closer to resistance above $88. Once that happens, buying MTB becomes a high probability trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV