OWENSBORO, Ky., Aug. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Morgan Stanley Infrastructure, the dedicated infrastructure investing platform of Morgan Stanley Investment Management, announced today that Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners (MSIP) has increased its ownership stake to 100 percent of the Common Equity of Southern Star Central Corp., parent company of Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline (Southern Star). MSIP, a $4 billion global infrastructure fund, originally acquired a 40 percent economic stake with 50 percent governance rights in Southern Star in March 2010.
Southern Star is the primary gas transmission and natural gas storage facility provider for several major U.S. Midwest cities and power generation providers. Southern Star serves metropolitan areas in Missouri ( Kansas City, St. Louis, Springfield, St. Joseph and Joplin), Kansas ( Wichita, Kansas City, Topeka and Lawrence) and Oklahoma ( Oklahoma City). Southern Star receives gas supplies from major producing regions, including the Hugoton, Anadarko and Rocky Mountain basins. The system has 23 interconnections with other major interstate and intrastate pipelines, allowing its customers to source from additional producing basins, including the San Juan and Permian basins.
As a regulated asset supplying crucial services to a fully contracted customer base, Southern Star is a "core" infrastructure asset. The system consists of approximately 6,000 miles of mainline and branch transmission pipelines, with 2.4 billion cubic feet (Bcf) per day of mainline delivery capacity. In addition, the company's extensive storage network of eight underground storage fields contains total working capacity of approximately 47 Bcf, with aggregate delivery capacity of approximately 1.3 Bcf per day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV