PHOENIX, Aug. 23, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Limelight Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq:LLNW), the global leader in Digital Presence Management, today released results from a recent survey that confirms that the development and implementation of regional websites is a strategic, high-priority initiative for both B2B and B2C companies. In a survey of 200 U.S.-based CMOs and VPs of Marketing, respondents stated that they are adding multiple regional websites and languages within the next year to build global brand awareness and drive revenue. However, respondents noted challenges to efficiently adding and managing regional websites, including lack of sufficient internal human, technical, and budgetary resources.
"Our goal with this survey was to gain insight on CMOs' plans for and experiences with expanding their digital presence globally, including understanding their objectives and the challenges they face," commented Kirby Wadsworth, CMO, Limelight Networks. "Respondents (57%) noted that their biggest challenge to website globalization is using multiple platforms to manage sites and content. Publishing web and mobile sites using several disparate solutions is timely and costly, especially when managing multiple regional sites that are in different languages. Enterprise marketers can streamline internal processes and ultimately improve the end user experience if they leverage one integrated platform to build, manage, and optimize a global digital presence across all channels."
"The explosive growth of global online commerce and the ever more competitive worldwide landscape make it imperative for companies to expand and improve the globalization of their digital presence," said Jeff Freund, VP and GM, Web Content Management, Limelight Networks. "Globalizing a web presence entails more than simply translating a company's primary site – it also includes developing, deploying, localizing, and regularly maintaining sites with regionally-specific content. Marketers face the challenge of deploying multiple regional sites in multiple languages and featuring custom content that is unique to each region – while still ensuring brand consistency worldwide."Respondents are Managing and Adding Many Regional Websites For the survey, website globalization was defined as launching an adapted, multilingual version of a company's core website into different regions throughout the world. A regional website was defined as an adapted version of the company's core website whose content has been translated and/or altered to match the region that it serves. Respondents answered how many regional websites they are currently managing:
- 1% have no regional websites
- 15% currently manage 1-2 regional websites
- 24% currently manage 3-5 regional websites
- 28% currently manage 6-10 regional websites
- 18% currently manage 11-20 regional websites
- 8% currently manage 21-30 regional websites
- 6% currently manage more than 30 regional websites
- 1% are adding no regional websites
- 10% are adding 1 regional website
- 65% are adding 2-5 regional websites
- 19% are adding 6-10 regional websites
- 5% are adding more than 10 regional websites
- 3% are redesigning and/or updating no regional websites
- 17% are redesigning and/or updating 1 regional website
- 55% are redesigning and/or updating 2-5 regional websites
- 21% are redesigning and/or updating 6-10 regional websites
- 4% are redesigning and/or updating more than 10 regional websites
- 8% are adding no languages
- 17% are adding 1 language
- 57% are adding 2-5 languages
- 13% are adding 6-10 languages
- 5% are adding more than 10 languages
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV