IRVING, Texas, Aug. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- BT is pleased to see the Federal Communications Commission turn their attention today to the broken special access market. Special access reform is key to bolstering the US economy and jobs, broadband deployment, and fair competition.
The current flawed market distorts competition and levies real costs on consumers and competitors. BT, as an investor in services and jobs, and working with competitive telecoms providers, businesses, and consumer advocacy groups, is keen to see the FCC promptly conduct its review of special access and provide much needed relief.
To this end, we urge the Commission to expeditiously issue a mandatory data request and a comprehensive order. BT looks forward to further action by the FCC in this long over-due proceeding, and stands ready to support the Commission in this critical endeavor.
About BTBT is one of the world's leading providers of communications services and solutions, serving customers in more than 170 countries. Its principal activities include the provision of networked IT services globally; local, national and international telecommunications services to its customers for use at home, at work and on the move; broadband and internet products and services and converged fixed/mobile products and services. BT consists principally of four lines of business: BT Global Services, BT Retail, BT Wholesale and Openreach. In the year ended 31 March 2012, BT Group's revenue was £18,897m with profit before taxation of £2,445m. British Telecommunications plc (BT) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BT Group plc and encompasses virtually all businesses and assets of the BT Group. BT Group plc is listed on stock exchanges in London and New York. For more information, visit www.btplc.com
SOURCE BT Americas
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV