Sovran Self Storage, Inc. (NYSE:SSS), a self storage real estate investment trust (REIT), announced today the sale of 12 storage facilities. The properties, located in Houston and Dallas, TX, encompass approximately 900,000 NRSF. Proceeds from the sale were $35.5 million.
David Rogers, the Company’s Chief Executive Officer, commented, “Within the last 12 months, we’ve acquired 32 properties in Texas. The decision to sell this group is part of our ongoing strategy of pruning select assets and recycling capital.” The proceeds were used to reduce the outstanding balance on the Company’s line of credit.
Subsequent to the sale, the Company continues to operate 110 Texas self storage facilities under the name Uncle Bob’s Self Storage ®.
About Sovran Self Storage, Inc.Sovran Self Storage, Inc. is a self-administered and self-managed equity REIT that is in the business of acquiring and managing self storage facilities. The Company operates 434 self storage facilities in 25 states under the name Uncle Bob’s Self Storage ®. For more information, visit www.unclebobs.com, like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV