LIVONIA, Mich., Aug. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Valassis (NYSE: VCI), one of the nation's leading media and marketing services companies, announced today that it has been recognized for the third time by the American Advertising Federation (AAF) with a Mosaic Award for its Workforce Diversity program, "ECHO: Driving Success and Inspiring Cultural Change."
Through ECHO, the company is committed to creating a culture where an increasingly multicultural associate population is welcomed, supported and encouraged to reach its full potential. ECHO's mission is to:
- Drive success and inspire cultural change;
- Achieve a workplace where every associate feels included, valued and respected;
- Provide an environment that is diverse in thought, experience, people and action; and
- Enhance relationships with co-workers, customers, suppliers and the community through greater understanding and appreciation of differences
"We recognize and value different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds in our everyday decisions and actions as we embrace diversity and inclusion in all we do," said Rob Mason, Valassis President and Chief Executive Officer. "Through greater understanding and appreciation of our differences, we continue to build a stronger community as well as a more vibrant and sustainable community."
The AAF Mosaic Awards celebrate companies that have demonstrated the success of their multicultural marketing and diversity efforts within the advertising industry. The Workforce Diversity category recognizes companies that demonstrate a strong effort to recruit, retain and promote employees from various ethnic and cultural backgrounds and develop programs that enhance employee sensitivity, knowledge and understanding of the various ethnicities and cultures within the corporate environment. Valassis also was recognized with Mosaic Awards in 2009 and 2006."Valassis takes tremendous pride in being a workplace where every associate feels included, valued and respected," said Todd Wiseley, Valassis General Counsel and Executive Vice President of Administration. "It's an honor to be recognized by the AAF, the premier voice of the advertising and marketing industry. We believe diversity and inclusion are business imperatives as well as ethical and social responsibilities that are grounded in our culture." ECHO is focused on creating more inclusive organizational structures and policies; educating and developing leaders and associates; investing in community outreach; and researching and developing communication avenues. In 2011 Valassis established a committee of senior leaders who are responsible for setting actionable and measurable goals. As part of this initiative, Valassis also established its first Business Resource Group (BRG), the Valassis Women's Network, to foster women's professional development, connectivity and outreach within Valassis. Since its inception, the BRG has gained more than 300 members and continues to grow. In addition, Valassis expanded its Mentoring Program and established a Talent Steering Committee.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV