Empowering SDN - Vyatta's Networking Products Pave The Way
BELMONT, Calif., Aug. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Vyatta, the leader in software-based networking for virtual and cloud environments, today announced its new Empowering SDN initiative, designed to guide enterprises and service providers in building an enduring software-defined networking (SDN) strategy.
SDN has rapidly emerged as one of the hottest trends in the datacenter because it offers specific and measurable improvements in cost, speed of deployment and the efficiency of operations. As this new set of technologies take shape, many datacenter architects are reluctant to risk transferring critical business infrastructure to technologies still in development.
The significance of the Vyatta Empowering SDN program is the ability to take steps now, using established protocols like OSPF and BGP, to create agile, capacity-on-demand networks for the future. With Vyatta software-based routers, network engineers and architects can:
- Utilize the Vyatta API to start today, by integrating software-based routers and firewalls into their management tools and server deployment infrastructure
- Adopt a consistent routing and security approach to span existing production server farms and emerging, trial SDN-enabled server farms
- Build toward, rather than catch-up to, the new SDN enabled operating environment
"Web monsters are certainly at the forefront of software-defined networking, but the majority of Fortune 1000 companies are looking for a strategy that will guide them toward SDN as it matures," said Kelly Herrell, CEO of Vyatta. "With an enterprise-class networking and routing solution, Vyatta delivers a clear-cut strategy that enables enterprises and cloud providers to realize many of the benefits of SDN, today."One of the exciting promises enabled by SDN in cloud-based datacenter architectures is agility. Networks need to quickly respond to business needs as computing and storage capacity are deployed with just a few mouse clicks. Emerging SDN products allow users to allocate groups of servers on-the-fly – an important advancement in the datacenter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV