The company now expects revenue growth for fiscal 2012 to be about 4 to 5 percent and net earnings to be about $2.10 per share, which continues to include the $0.08 negative earnings per share impact for investments related to the Astec and Stone product-line acquisitions.
- Professional segment net sales for the third quarter totaled $361.1 million, up 4.4 percent from the prior year period. Sales of landscape maintenance equipment increased on the strength of new products and continued demand in markets not impacted by drought. Domestic sales of golf equipment and irrigation were up on new products and continued golf industry confidence. Micro irrigation sales increased domestically as demand continues for better solutions for agricultural irrigation. Recent acquisitions - including Astec Underground, Stone Construction Equipment and Unique Lighting Systems - also contributed to sales. International economic issues and unfavorable currency exchange negatively impacted the sales of all professional businesses. For the first nine months, professional segment net sales were $1,100.9 million, up 7.7 percent from the comparable fiscal 2011 period
- Professional segment earnings for the third quarter totaled $70.5 million, up 9.6 percent from the prior year period. For the first nine months, professional segment earnings were $211.3 million, up 12.5 percent from the comparable fiscal 2011 period.
- Residential segment net sales for the third quarter totaled $135.9 million, down 7.9 percent from the prior year period. As expected, snow blower sales were lower for the quarter due to anticipated soft preseason demand. Shipments of walk power mowers were up slightly for the quarter, while sales of residential riding products were down. Sales of Toro’s new string and hedge trimmers also contributed incrementally to the quarter. For the first nine months, residential segment net sales were $505.4 million, up 5.2 percent from the comparable fiscal 2011 period.
- Residential segment earnings for the third quarter totaled $10 million, up 116.6 percent from our fiscal 2011 third quarter, when a pre-tax charge of $4.5 million to account for one-time costs associated with a rework issue affecting a large number of walk power mowers resulted in a decline in earnings. For the first nine months, residential segment earnings were $51.2 million, up 20.3 percent from the comparable fiscal 2011 period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV