Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE: HRL) today reported its performance for the fiscal year 2012 third quarter.
All comparisons are to the third quarter or first nine months of fiscal 2011.
- Diluted EPS of $.41 up 14 percent from diluted EPS of $.36
- Segment operating profit up 17 percent
- Dollar sales of $2.0 billion, up 5 percent
- Volume up 4 percent
- Grocery Products operating profit up 32 percent; volume up 16 percent (volume up 2 percent excluding sales of Don Miguel products); dollar sales up 21 percent (dollar sales up 3 percent excluding sales of Don Miguel products)
- Jennie-O Turkey Store operating profit up 12 percent; volume up 3 percent; dollar sales up 7 percent
- Refrigerated Foods operating profit up 7 percent; volume up 1 percent; dollar sales flat
- Specialty Foods operating profit up 18 percent; volume up 4 percent; dollar sales up 11 percent
- All Other (primarily Hormel Foods International) operating profit up 55 percent; volume up 3 percent; dollar sales up 2 percent
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV