Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE: HRL) today reported its performance for the fiscal year 2012 third quarter.
All comparisons are to the third quarter or first nine months of fiscal 2011.
- Diluted EPS of $.41 up 14 percent from diluted EPS of $.36
- Segment operating profit up 17 percent
- Dollar sales of $2.0 billion, up 5 percent
- Volume up 4 percent
- Grocery Products operating profit up 32 percent; volume up 16 percent (volume up 2 percent excluding sales of Don Miguel products); dollar sales up 21 percent (dollar sales up 3 percent excluding sales of Don Miguel products)
- Jennie-O Turkey Store operating profit up 12 percent; volume up 3 percent; dollar sales up 7 percent
- Refrigerated Foods operating profit up 7 percent; volume up 1 percent; dollar sales flat
- Specialty Foods operating profit up 18 percent; volume up 4 percent; dollar sales up 11 percent
- All Other (primarily Hormel Foods International) operating profit up 55 percent; volume up 3 percent; dollar sales up 2 percent