MADISON, Wis., Aug. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Mediasite by Sonic Foundry, Inc. (NASDAQ: SOFO), the trusted market leader for video management and academic, enterprise and event webcasting, is one of five best technology tools for the meetings industry, according to Convene Magazine readers.
Convene Magazine, which is a publication of the Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA), asked readers to nominate the industry's best meetings industry venues, destinations and service providers in 10 categories, such as social-media initiatives, destination videos, off-site venues and technology tools. Convene editors then reviewed the nominations and this month picked the top five honorees for each category. To read about the best technology tools, visit www.sonicfoundry.com/BestTechTools.
"Our Best in Show program shines a light on some of the most innovative players in the meetings industry," said Michelle Russell, Convene's editor in chief.
The magazine's inaugural awards program is featured in its first-ever August issue. End-users of the winners are featured in the issue, including Tahira Endean, who used Mediasite to webcast the Event Camp Vancouver conference last year to engage a large remote audience."We had a successful, fully hybrid EventCamp Vancouver [in 2011] due in large part to Sonic Foundry's participation and ease of use. Sonic Foundry was able to seamlessly tap into the equipment already in place and offer a full video link to anyone who chose to register, offering a private forum for learning and discussion," said Endean, CMP and director of creative and production at Contrav Services. "Their experienced staff and 'solution in a box' made this seamless. We also still have the materials catalogued and archived by session for anyone who still chooses to go back and use this resource. They are a great hybrid learning partner."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV