VCA Animal Hospitals announced that VCA Animal Hospitals near Redding, California are offering free boarding assistance for small animals, including dogs, cats, birds and pocket pets, whose families have lost their homes or are among those evacuated due to the fire. The Ponderosa Fire, which scorched 38 square miles, is threatening 200 residences and has destroyed 50 buildings.
“We are extending free boarding for small family pets that have been displaced because of this devastating fire,” said Art Antin, Chief Operating Officer of VCA Animal Hospitals. “We want families to know that their pets can be cared for in a safe environment, while they manage their personal priorities.”
Boarding assistance at participating northern California VCA hospitals is based on space availability. Pets should be current on vaccinations, but in case they are not, VCA veterinarians will update vaccinations free of charge. Pet owners are encouraged to call the hospital for boarding assistance and more information.
The following VCA hospitals are offering free boarding assistance:VCA Asher Animal Hospital 530-224-2200 VCA Companion Animal Hospital 530-225-8910 VCA Gateway Animal Hospital 530-365-4521 To further support the free boarding and veterinary assistance being offered in northern California by VCA Animal Hospitals, VCA Charities, a non-profit organization that raises funds to support local pet welfare organizations in disaster areas, is accepting donation via PayPal at www.vcacharities.org. Funds raised enable VCA Charities to provide additional disaster assistance and relief in local communities. For more information on VCA Charities please contact Executive Director Colleen O’Dell at (310) 571-6753 or email Colleen.ODell@vcacharities.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV