CLAYTON, Mo., Aug. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Olin Corporation (NYSE: OLN) announced today that it had completed the previously announced acquisition of privately held K. A. Steel Chemicals Inc. (KA Steel), on a cash free, debt free basis, for $328 million in cash, subject to certain post-closing adjustments. Olin will utilize the proceeds from the recently completed $200 million senior notes offering and cash on hand to finance the acquisition.
KA Steel, headquartered in Lemont, Illinois, is one of the largest distributors of caustic soda in North America and one of the leading bleach manufacturers in the Midwest.
During the third quarter of 2012, Olin expects to expense approximately $8 million of transaction costs related to the acquisition.
Olin Corporation is a manufacturer concentrated in two business segments: Chlor Alkali Products and Winchester. Chlor Alkali Products manufactures chlorine and caustic soda, hydrochloric acid, hydrogen, potassium hydroxide and bleach products. Winchester products include sporting ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components, and industrial cartridges.Click here for more information on Olin. 2012-17 SOURCE Olin Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV