Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Looking for an Edge
"Well played," Cramer said about this diversified portfolio.
Cramer said that this portfolio was also properly diversified.The third portfolio had: Vale (VALE), Annaly Capital (NLY), ConocoPhillips (COP), Eli Lilly (LLY) and AT&T as its top five stocks. Cramer said this portfolio was diversified, with a great yield to boot. The fourth portfolio's top stocks were: Petsmart (PETM), Bank of America (BAC), Whole Foods (WFM), Abiomed (ABMD) and Facebook (FB). Cramer was also a fan of this portfolio, while noting that Facebook is, well, not a favorite of his.
No Huddle OffenseIn his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer continued Tuesday's rant about Facebook and its board member, Peter Thiel, whose stock sale is so clearly at odds with management's outlook for the company. Cramer said he realized today that he should actually be thanking Thiel for telling the truth about Facebook, that it has no plan to monetize its users. He likened Facebook to a cocktail party, a place where people gather to socialize, but not to buy. When they need to search for something, they turn to Google. If they want the lowest price, it's Amazon.com. For music, movies and apps, it's all about Apple. Facebook doesn't figure into any of these scenarios. On a positive note, Cramer praised the shareholders of Sunrise Senior Living (SRZ), which today caught a bid from Healthcare REIT (HCN). Cramer said that Sunrise is just one example of the many good things that can happen to shareholders. --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To contact the writer of this article, click here: Scott Rutt. Follow @ScottRutt To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV