DFC Global Corp. (NASDAQ:DLLR), a leading international diversified financial services company serving primarily unbanked and under-banked consumers for over 30 years, today announced its results for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012.
Fiscal Year 2012 Financial Highlights
- Total consolidated revenue grew to a record $1.1 billion for the fiscal year, an increase of $273.3 million, or 34.7%, compared to the twelve months ended June 30, 2011. On a constant currency basis, total consolidated revenue increased by $280.4 million, or 35.6%.
- Total consumer lending revenue increased to $645.9 million for the fiscal year, representing an increase of $216.7 million, or 50.5%, compared to the prior year period. Revenue from internet-based loans grew to $259.5 million for the fiscal year compared to $86.8 million for the twelve months ended June 30, 2011.
- Total revenue from pawn lending increased to $80.9 million for the twelve months ended June 30, 2012 compared to $48.0 million for the prior year period. Pawn lending represented 7.6% of total consolidated revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2012.
- Consolidated adjusted EBITDA was a record $303.7 million for the twelve months ended June 30, 2012, representing an increase of $73.5 million, or 31.9%, compared to the prior fiscal year, while also increasing by $75.3 million, or 32.7%, on a constant currency basis during the same period.
- Diluted operating earnings per share was a record $2.16 for fiscal year 2012 compared to $1.59 for the prior fiscal year period, representing an increase of 35.8%, and exceeding the Company’s guidance of between $2.08 and $2.11 per share.
- The Company expanded its global store network to 1,399 stores with the opening of 114 de novo stores in fiscal year 2012.
Discussion on Currency Exchange Rates
The U.S. Dollar strengthened slightly in relation to the Canadian Dollar and British Pound Sterling during the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012, as compared to the prior fiscal year. Furthermore, during the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012 compared to the fourth quarter of the previous fiscal year, the average value of the Canadian Dollar decreased approximately 4%, and the average value of the British Pound Sterling decreased by about 3%, relative to the U.S. currency. Consequently, fluctuations in currency rates had an unfavorable effect on a net basis on year-over-year U.S. Dollar comparisons of the Company’s consolidated financial results. As a result, the Company is providing some country comparisons on a constant currency basis.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV