Third Quarter 2012 Outlook
For the third quarter, comparable store sales growth is expected to be in the range of 4% to 5%, on top of an 8.5% comparable store sales increase in the third quarter of 2011. On a GAAP basis, and using the anticipated effective tax rate of 33.6%, GAAP net income for the third quarter is expected to be in the range of $8.8 million to $9.3 million, or $0.31 to $0.33 per diluted share, and assumes a diluted share count of 28.2 million shares, compared to 20.5 million diluted shares in the third quarter of last year.
On an adjusted basis, using an anticipated on-going effective tax rate of 40%, adjusted net income in the third quarter is expected to be in the range of $7.9 million to $8.4 million, or $0.28 to $0.30 per diluted share.
Fiscal Year 2012 OutlookThe Company has revised its earnings per diluted share outlook upward to reflect the better than expected results achieved in the second quarter of 2012. Additionally, for fiscal year 2012, the company’s retail calendar includes a fifty-third week compared to a fifty-two week year in fiscal year 2011. The Company continues to expect comparable store sales growth in the range of 4% to 5% for fiscal 2012, on a 52-week vs. a 52-week basis. On a GAAP basis, and using an anticipated full year effective tax rate of 33.6%, net income for fiscal year 2012 is expected to be in the range of $0.90 to $0.96 per diluted share, and assumes a diluted share count of 26.1 million shares, compared to 20.5 million diluted shares for the full year 2011. On an adjusted basis, excluding the one-time charge in recognition of life-to-date stock-based compensation and excluding the one-time tax benefit stemming from the S-corporation to C-corporation conversion recorded in the second quarter of 2012, adjusted net income, using a 40% adjusted on-going effective tax rate for the full year, is expected to be in the range of $0.88 to $0.94 per diluted share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV