Unemployment Dips In 26 Of 32 Wis. Cities
MADISON, Wis. (AP) â¿¿ Local unemployment rates dipped in most major Wisconsin cities and counties in July.
New data from the state Department of Workforce Development shows unemployment dropped in 26 of the state's 32 largest cities. The lowest rate was 4 percent in Caledonia, down from 4.2 percent. The highest was 12.7 in Racine, unchanged from June.
The data shows unemployment dropped in 64 of Wisconsin's 72 counties. Dane and Pierce counties had the lowest rate at 5.3 percent, both down slightly from June. Menominee County was highest at 20.2 percent, up from 19.2 percent.
The statewide unemployment rate was 7.3 percent, up from 7 percent in June but down slightly from 7.6 percent in July 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV