CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) â¿¿ Astec Industries, which makes equipment for building, paving and mining, named one of its founders as president and chief operating officer Wednesday.
W. Norman Smith has been the company's group vice president for asphalt since 1998 and was president from 1994 to 2006. He has been a company director since 1982.
President and CEO J. Don Brock will hold on to the latter title.
Benjamin Brock will replace Smith as group vice president for asphalt. He was named president of the company's Astec Inc. business in 2006 and previously served as vice president of sales for Astec Inc.The company also named Richard Dorris as group vice president for its new energy group. Dorris has served as president of Heatec Inc. since 2004. Shares of Astec Industries Inc., based in Chattanooga, Tenn., rose 14 cents to $30.65 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV